The Call for Programs for the 2020 SDCA Conference is now open!
Our theme this year is Strengthen CommUnity Strengthn YoU. Special consideration will be given to proposals that give a voice on how a community is addressing an issue, meaning that instead of the usual connections to the theme we encourage people to share a problem being faced in a community and how that problem is being tackled. This will provide others with great insight, and hopefully tools, to then tackle that issue on their community.
Please note, while we do give special consideration to presentations connected to the theme, our goal is provide a well rounded conference experience for all community mental health, private practice, and school counselors, and welcome a varsity of presentation submissions.
Not sure what to present on? Here are some suggestions from last year...
- collaboration between schools and agencies
- working successfully with low motivational and lower achieving students
- Working with students in poverty
- Law/ethics/how to testify in court
- Crucial conversations
- Lifespace Crisis Counseling
- Social Skills Teaching
- Diversity & Multiculturalism with students
- Grief in late adolescence-ideas to help students through loss
- Theories- CBT, DBT, Adlerian
- Suicide prevention, recovery
Call for Programs can be submitted through our Members Only portion of our website! Then it is saved to your profile for future reference! Not a member, take the opportunity to join SDCA!
Call for Programs can also be submitted via email with the attached form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com